The Headwaters PA
Mission is to:
Serving North Central PA since 1975
Quarterly Meeting Schedule
February 4, 2015 - Cameron Co.
May 6, 2015 - Elk Co.
August 5, 2015 - Clinton Co.
November 4, 2015 - McKean Co.
What's Happening at Headwaters?
Promote quality of life and sustainable living
Protect and restore natural resources
Assist and implement natural resources and community development projects
Provide stewardship education
Facilitate regional cooperation
• Developed "PA Fuels for Schools and Beyond" Program.
• Provided "dry hydrants" for rural community fire protection.
• Developed recreational trails for community enjoyment.
• Sponsored the development of community organizations such as watershed groups.
• Promoted energy conservation through a solar power project.
• Initiated the Woodland Resource Adventure Camp for youth.
• Led urban and community forestry projects.
• Sponsored regional livestock grazing projects.
• Initiated "Farm to Market" projects promoting healthy agriculture.
• Constructed wetlands for acid mine drainage treatment.
• Provided composting demonstrations on farms.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
This website was designed and is maintained
by Melissa Buck of the Jefferson
County Conservation District.
Headwaters was recently the recipient of a $12,000 donation from Northwest Savings Bank.
Headwaters Receives Generous Donation
This website is sponsored by a generous donation from Northwest Savings Bank Charitable Foundation.